Misal, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 281553 times
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp, clove powder, cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, misal masala, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or till the oil separates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixed sprouts, ¾ cup of water and coriander, mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Place ¼th of the masala on a small plate, top with ¼th of the missal, ¼ cup of farsan and ¼ cup of onions evenly over it.
- Serve immediately with 2 pavs and a lemon wedge.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.