Mirchi ka Salan ( Hyderabadi Style)
This recipe has been viewed 6509 times
A popular hyderabadi cuisine vegetable delicacy, the mirchi ka salan (hyderabadi style) is prepared with the green chillies as main ingredients, these mirchis are deep fried and then simmered in a traditional coconut and red chilli based curry which is typically paired with biryani or steamed rice.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the green chillies and saute till they turn white.
- Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the paste and saute for a 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder and dry powder masala, mix well and cook for a few minutes till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add 2 cups of water and the tamarind water, mix well and cook until thick.
- Add the fried green chillies, coriander and salt, mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by PSneha on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.