Mirchi Vada By madhuri_a1
This recipe has been viewed 2584 times
Mirchi vada is truly an amazing snack or fried side dish recipe with green chilies slit and filled with a spicy mixture. These stuffed green chillies are then batter coated in gram flour and deep fried till golden brown. An awesome crispy, crunchy and spicy add on any meal.
Add your private note
Mirchi Vada By madhuri_a1 recipe - How to make Mirchi Vada By madhuri_a1
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Slit green chilies and remove the seeds.
- Peel and grate boiled potatoes and add red chili powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, green coriander and salt. mash and mix well.
- Divide this into 16 equal portions.
- Stuff a little of this mixture into the green chilies and also cover the chilies with this potato mixture.
- Now prepare a thick batter using gram flour, baking powder, red chili powder, salt and about 1 cup of water.
- Keep the batter for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadhai to a moderate temperature. dip stuffed green chilies into the gram flour batter and deep fry until golden brown.
- Note: select large sized green chilies for this recipe. it will not only give it a nice definite shape but also would not be very hot.
This recipe was contributed by madhuri_a1 on 18 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.