Mirchi Ka Salan (Hyderabadi Style)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 233 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 227794 times
A popular Hyderabadi vegetable.
- Roast the peanuts, sesame seeds and cumin seeds lightly.
- Remove and powder.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Wash and slit the green chillies. Remove the seeds and fry in hot oil until they turn white. Remove.
- In the same oil, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds and curry leaves. Cook until the seeds crackle.
- Add the paste and fry for a while. Add the turmeric and coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder and dry powder masala. Cook for a few minutes until the oil comes on the top.
- Add 2 cups of water and the tamarind water and cook until thick. Add the fried green chillies, coriander and salt and cook for a few minutes. The gravy should be thick.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.