Minty Yellow Rice
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5754 times
It is one of the most easiest rice dishes, especially if you own a
rice cooker, simply mix it all in and cook!!!!
- Wash the rice in a few changes of water, until the water runs clear.
- Soak the rice in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. do not drain the water.
- After 30 mins, add all the other ingredients, mix well and cook in a rice cooker.
- Alternatively, mix all the ingredients except the mint in a saucepan and bring to boil on the stove.
- Once it is on a rolling boil, reduce flame to the lowest, close pan with a tight fitting lid and cook for a further 15 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Put in the chopped mint and mix the rice gently.
- Serve with curries of your choice and a salad.
This recipe was contributed by Rajeedah on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.