Mint Coriander Rice
by Palak Rajput
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22453 times
Mint coriander rice, the paste is cooked and mixed with steamed rice, the paste add flavour of mint to the rice. Serve with raita of your choice.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add the cashewnuts and fry them till they turn light golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil and add the mint leaves, coriander and curry leaves and saute till they wilt.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Blend the fried leaves along with coconut, tamarind pulp, half of the fried cashews, half of cumin seeds, jaggery (if using), green chillies and salt and blend in a mixer into smooth paste using sufficient water.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the turmeric powder, asafoetida and the remaining cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chana, cashew, salt and the grounded paste, mix well and saute on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add few tbsp of water if necessary.
- Remove from the flame and add the steamed rice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 24 Oct 2019
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.