Mini Rava Uttapa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66542 times
There is one great thing about semolina – it cooks in a jiffy, without requiring any pre-soaking, pressure-cooking etc. As a result, it lends itself to a lot of quick-fix recipes such as these delicious Mini Rava Uttapa. Perfect as a snack, breakfast or party food too, these uttapa are made using a batter of rava, maida and curds jazzed up with cumin seeds, chillies and coconut. The best part is that the batter needs to soak for less than half an hour before cooking, and does not require any fermentation. So, you can even fix this up as a snack for sudden guests.
- Combine the rava, plain flour, curds and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, cumin seeds, coconut, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapa pan with a little oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter in each uttapa mould and spread it lightly.
- Cook on both sides, using a little oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make more mini uttapas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
- If you do not have a mini uttapa pan, you can always make these uttapas using a non-stick tava (griddle).
Nutrient values per mini uttapa
|Vitamin A||7.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.