Mini Nachni Uttapa ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15578 times
Do you feel helpless on days when you do not have idli batter on hand? Do you keep resorting to porridge every time you run out of batter? Worry not, there are equally healthy and exciting options, which do not require fermentation.
This quick-fix Mini Nachni Uttapa is made with calcium-rich ragi flour and fibre-rich veggies, which help build healthy bones and to improve your child’s overall health.
Your child will also be fascinated by the new texture of this uttapa and the splash of colours induced by the veggies. So, she will gobble it up before you know it!
- Combine the curds and ½ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the ragi flour, carrot, cabbage, chilli powder, curd-water mixture and salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick mini uttapa pan and grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter into each of the 7 moulds and cook all the uttapas using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 to make 7 more mini uttapas in 1 more batch.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per mini uttapa
|Energy|| 24 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 3.3 gm|
|Fat|| 1.0 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 18.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.