Mini Mixed Moong Dal Chila ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38562 times
This recipe is a perfect example that children are capable of eating the same dishes you eat – just that you need to tweak them a bit to make them baby-friendly.
In fact, you need to introduce them to dishes that are part of your routine meal, rather than keep cooking their comfort foods, so that it becomes easy for them to slide into your way of life.
Here, for example, we have made the ever-popular Gujarati dish chila, in a mini-format, with a mix of protein rich dals. Once you have soaked the dals, this Mini Mixed Moong Dal Chila is also easy and quick to make. Make them bite-sized, so your child can enjoy eating it herself.
- Combine the yellow moong dal, green moong dal and approx. 3 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the salt and asafoetida and mix well.
- Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Cook all the chilas, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per chila
|Energy|| 37 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.0 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 4.8 gm|
|Fat|| 1.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.7 gm|
|Iron|| 0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 11.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.