Mini Jowar Uttapam ( Iron Rich Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34874 times
The popular South Indian preparation is made healthier with the addition of iron-rich jowar.
Serve these uttapams with Coconut Chutney to relish it the most.
- Combine the jowar, urad dal and soya milk and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add ¼ cup of water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Add the salt and ginger-green chilli paste and mix well.
- Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it using ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour 2 small spoonfuls of the batter in each of the 7 uttapa moulds to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Cook the uttapams, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 13 more uttapams in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per uttapam
|Energy|| 45 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.6 gm|
|CHO|| 7.3 gm|
|Fat1|| 1 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.0 gm|
|Iron|| 0.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.