Mini Chocolate Cake Layered with Coffee Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17382 times
These dainty chocolate cakes are a delight to behold as well as bite into! Easy to serve and easy to make, the Mini Chocolate Cake Layered with Coffee Cream satisfies the whims of both chocolate lovers and coffee lovers! Forget yourself in the luscious coffee-flavoured cream as you bite into the chocolate cake, and allow the chocolate chips to melt into your taste buds, pleasing your sweet tooth like never before.
- Combine the beaten coffee powder and rum in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the beaten whipped cream and sugar in a bowl and fold gently.
- Add the coffee mixture to the beaten whipped cream mixture, fold gently and keep aside.
- Place the chocolate sponge cake on a dry,flat surface and cut 4 circles of 50 mm. (2") diameter each using a cookie cutter.
- Slice each of the 4 circles horizontally into 2 equal parts.
- Place the bottom layers of the 4 circles on a serving plate and sprinkle ½ of the soaking syrup evenly over them.
- Spread approx. 1½ tbsp of the coffee cream on each circle.
- Place the 4 top layers of the cake over them.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the soaking syrup evenly over each of the 4 cake layers and again spread approx. 1½ tbsp. Of the coffee cream on each layer.
- Garnish with chocolate chips and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.