by Tarla Dalal
Added to 189 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15328 times
Pizza envelopes with a spinach filling.
- In a bowl, mix together the yeast and sugar with 1/2 cup of warm water. Cover and keep aside till it becomes frothy. (approx. 10 minutes.)
- Sift the flour. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast and sugar mixture and enough water to make a soft dough.
- Rub the butter and salt on a plate to remove any lumps, add to the dough and knead till you get a very soft and elastic dough.
- Keep the dough for 30 minutes under a wet cloth till it doubles in volume.
- Press the dough with your palms to release the air from it.
- Divide it into 8 portions and keep aside under a wet cloth.
- Put the spinach in boiling water.
- After one minute, drain out the water and chop the spinach. Then squeeze out the excess water.
- Put the butter in a pan and fry the chillies.
- Add the spinach, cottage cheese and salt and cook for some time.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle.
- Put one portion of the filling on each circle.
- Fold each circle to form a semicircle.
- Seal the ends with the help of a fork.
- Place on a greased baking tray. Cover with a wet cloth and keep for 20 minutes or until it doubles in volume.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C to 225 degree C (400 degree F to 450 detgree F) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter.
- Serve hot.
- Always use a thin muslin cloth to cover the dough.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.