Mini Bajra and Oats Uttapa ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18013 times
‘Mini’ is the best format to serve your child, as it is easy for her to handle all by herself! But the best part is that this recipe is mini only in size, but maxi in nutrient value, all thanks to carefully chosen ingredients like iron-rich bajra and fibre-rich oats.
Grated carrot improves the texture, adds a mild sweetness and a lot of vitamins too, to the Mini Bajra and Oats Uttapa. While this recipe requires a long soaking time, it does not need to be fermented, so you can soak the bajra overnight and prepare the uttapa for your baby’s breakfast, for a power-packed start to the day.
- Combine the whole bajra and ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the whole bajra along with the water in a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and approx. 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Heat a mini non-stick uttapa pan and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Cook the uttapas, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 4 more mini uttapas, in 1 more batch, using ½ tsp of oil for cooking.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.