Milky Moong Dal Halwa
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9307 times
Moong dal halwa is a north indian sweet dish prepared from cooked dal and crushed nuts cooked with sugar, ghee and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet! moong dal halwa is a favorite dessert served in north india during winters garnished with chopped nuts.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dhal in enough water for 1 hour.
- Drain and blend in a mixer into a thick paste using very little water.
- Heat ghee in a broad pan, add the ground paste and saute on a medium flame till it turns golden brown.
- Heat the milk with sugar in a separate pan and cook till sugar dissolves.
- Add this milk to the fried dal paste and saute for 20 minutes and the ghee seperates.
- Add the fried cashews and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Niraja on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.