by Foodie #383764
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4103 times
This delicious tomato flavoured rasam is a good appetizer too.
- Combine the pepper, cumin seeds, toovar daal and garlic and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- Blend in a mixer into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the tamarind water, tomatoes, ground paste with asafoetida in a deep pan and bring to boil.
- Add the curry leaves and coriander, mix well and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #383764 on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.