Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12216 times
Microwave paturi (khandvi) is a simple microwavable recipe to prepare the gujarati snack, khandvi. The besan batter is mixed with yoghurt and then steamed. These steamed besan khandvi rolls are later served tempered with mustard seeds, chillies and grated coconut.
- Combine the besan, curds, ginger-garlic paste and salt, mix well and make a smooth batter.
- Transfer this in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes.
- Spread the batter in a greased thali while its hot.
- Cool and cut into 2 inch strips and roll each strip.
- Put the rolls in a dish.
- Put the oil in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Pour this on the khandvi and garnish with dessicated coconut and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.