Microwave Jhatpat Dal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60571 times
A tasty and hassle free recipe to cook dal quickly in the microwave without any extra work.
- Clean, wash and soak the dal in enough water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the soaked dal, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curry sauce and salt along with 4 cups water, cover and microwave on high for 20-25 minutes, while stirring every 3 minutes in between.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small kadhai and add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and saute for 2 seconds.
- Pour this tempering tot he cooked dal and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by madhuram79 on 21 May 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.