Micro Wheat Halwa
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9696 times
Get ready to tempt your sweet tooth by preparing the tasty Micro wheat halwa quickly in a microwave oven. The roasted wheat flour based rava is cooked with ghee and sugar and then enjoyed mixed with saffron.
- Soak wheat rawa for 2 hours in water.
- Wash well, strain and grind in a liquidiser with 1 cup of water.
- Strain well, squeezing the rawa.
- Repeat this four more times.
- Collect the strained liquid.
- Allow it to stand for 3 - 4 hours in a tall vessel to settle well.
- The thick milk which is used for the halwa settles at the bottom. remove the liquid on top carefully and retain only the thick sediment at the bottom.
- Mix kesar powder well and keep ready.
- Warm saffron and powder.
- In a big micro bowl take 2 cups of water and the sugar, mix thoroughly and
- Micro hi for 15-20 mts, stirring 3-4 times in between.
- Test for a thin one string consistency.
- When it is reached ,add the paste and 2 tbsp ghee.
- Stir very well and micro hi for 5 mts.
- Remove add 1 cup boiling water,2 tbsp ghee, mix thoroughly with a handblender and micro hi for 8 mts.
- Repeat this twice more till 3 cups of boiling water are used.
- This helps to cook the sediment well.
- By this time halwa should be fairly thick.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee and micro hi for 5mts
- Remove ,mix spices,remaining ghee, and micro hi for 5 mts
- Remove and stir for a few mts to prevent crust formation.
- Empty on a greased plate and cool.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 23 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.