Micro Khandvi with Moong Dal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4477 times
Micro khandvi with moong dal brings the gujarati snack delicacy khandvi on your table within minutes. The moong dal batter is used to prepare the soft and delicious khandvis which are steamed in a microwave. Enjoy with a tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut.
- Drain and blend the moong dal in a mixer to a smooth paste, using 1 tbsp of water.
- Combine th moong dal paste, curds, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt in a microwave safe bowl and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 7 minutes, stirring in between after every 2 minutes.
- Spread the mixture thinly on the back of three 200 mm. (8") diameter thalis. Keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut the khandvi into 50 mm. (2") thick strips and carefully roll up each strip.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and pour on top of the prepared khandvis.
- Serve, garnished with the coriander.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.