Mexican Veggie Chimichanga
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59721 times
A Mexican cuisine inspired recipe, Mexican veggie chimichanga has tortillas filled with a beans(boiled rajmah), onion, red capsicum and green chilies mixture along with a spicy salsa sauce. The crispy chimichangas are served with a sour cream topping and garnished with olives, pepper and lettuce.
Add your private note
Mexican Veggie Chimichanga recipe - How to make Mexican Veggie Chimichanga
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Chop all ingredients of salsa in a chopper. salsa should be coarse in texture so don’t make it into thin paste.
- Wash, add plenty of water to bean, add 1 pinch of soda bicarb.
- Pressure cook till soft.
- Cool cooker, wash with running water, and drain beans.
- Crush beans into a coarse dough, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take each tortilla sheet and add one spoon of rajma mix and some cheddar cheese in the centre of the tortilla, then fold each side of the tortilla with water and all purpose flour to stick all ends of tortilla together.
- Set a large frying pan with oil over medium-high heat. carefully lay each chimichanga seam side down on the bottom of the pan, and sear for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until crispy. using tongs, carefully turn over each of the chimichangas.
- Repeat process until all sides have been seared and crispy.
- Remove each chimichanga from the pan and place on serving plates.
- Top with tomato pure, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, onions, bell pepper, black olives.
This recipe was contributed by bindiyashastri on 10 Jan 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.