Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3265 times
Handy tip(s) :
1. make large quantities and freeze in a refrigerator, as tortillas are used extensively in mexican food.
2. they should be present at every mexican meal, served warm, stacked within warm white cloth.
3. and then placed inside a colourful straw basket.
- Mix the flours, oil and salt and make a dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough well and keep for 1/2 hour. knead again.
- Depending on the diameter you require for the dish, roll out the dough into 6" (150 mm.) or 9" (225 mm.) diameter thin rounds with the help of a little flour.
- Cook lightly on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.