Mexican Tomato Soup with Cottage Cheese Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 270 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43608 times
That is Mexican! From red rajma, which is a characteristic ingredient of Mexican cuisine, to pungent garlic and crispy capsicum, the Mexican Tomato Soup with Cottage Cheese Balls features a variety of ingredients that team up well together. The addition of succulent cottage cheese balls and a garnish of grated cheese add to the heavenly flavour and texture of this soup, making it a treat beyond comparison.
- Combine the tomatoes and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strianer and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan,add the garlic and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato mixture, sugar, rajma, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirirng occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divdie the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the balls till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sdies. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Just before serving, re heat the soup, add the cottage cheese balls, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes,while stirirng occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnsihed with cheese.
Mexican Tomato Soup with Cottage Cheese Balls Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||833.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||69.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||48.2 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.