Mexican Rice By anumt
by Anupama Murali
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4636 times
1.can garnish with cubed tomatoes too.
- Slightly fry the rice till it turns light brown in 1 tbsp of olive oil. cool it.
- Add half of the reqd amount of salt and 1/4 tsp black jeera to the rice and pressure cook for 3 whistles by adding reqd quantity of water.
- Cut onions, capsicum, green chillies (slices)
- Finely chop the spring onions
- Heat remaining oil in a large think bottom pan
- Add cloves, cinammon, 1/4 black jeera, kalonji, bayleaves and marjoram, as they start sputtering add onions, capsicum and green chillies, half of spring onions & fry for 2 mins.
- Add the ground paste of red chillies and garlic and fry till the aroma arises(keep stiring as the paste may get burned)
- Now add the cooked rice, remaining salt and mix well.
- Close and keep it on a low flame for 5 mins.
- Garnish with remaining spring onions and serve hot with curd or any other side dish.
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 20 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.