Mexican Rice ( Zero Oil Dal and Chawal)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38233 times
The use of vibrant red chilli flakes, mealy kidney beans, peppy capsicum and pungent garlic make the Mexican character of this dish very clear indeed. This rice delicacy is made without oil, and using brown rice instead of white to enhance the fibre content. Moreover, lots of fibre-rich and nutritious veggies are also added to this version of the Mexican Rice to help control blood sugar levels and make this a diabetic-friendly recipe.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and garlic and dry roast on a slow flame till the onions turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add the red chilli flakes and dry roast on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the capsicum, tomatoes, carrots and french beans and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.