Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4760 times
Mexican rarebit is an interesting snack or packed lunch recipe with bread slices. The browned bread slices are topped with tomatoes, corn, onion, chillies and sprinkled with cheese before baking till done. The baked dish , Mexican rarebit is an easy and quick recipe
- Spread a little butter on a pan and brown the bread pieces on slow flame
- Melt the butter in a separate pan
- Add chopped onion and green chilies till it turns brown
- Add cheese and cook on a very slow flame till the cheese melts (approx. 2 min.)
- Add the mixture i.e. bread, etc and warm it properly.
- Put the mixture in the oven at 1750 for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with chili sauce
This recipe was contributed by karna36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.