Mexican Cheese Fajita, Veg Fajita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 202 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35287 times
A snack that is sure to make you drool, the Mexican Cheese Fajita combines the best of everything – wrap, spread and filling!
Here, tortillas are lined with creamy guacamole and juicy green salsa, and stuffed with a mouth-watering paneer mixture. The paneer filling combines cottage cheese with crunchy veggies and pungent ingredients like garlic and green chillies, thereby adding a spicy dimension to it.
You will love the interplay of flavours and textures in this yummy and sumptuous snack. Enjoy it immediately after preparation.
Try other recipes like Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls and Pahadi Paneer Tikka Wrap .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, capsicum, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the paneer, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Divide the paneer filling into 7 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a flour tortilla on a clean and dry surface, spread 1 tbsp of green salsa and 1 tbsp of guacamole evenly over it.
- Put a portion of the paneer filling on one side of the tortilla and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- To roll, fold the two opposite ends of the tortilla over the stuffing. Start rolling the tortilla from one open end over the 2 folded sides. Roll the entire tortilla tightly and wrap it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 6 more fajitas.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place 1 fajita and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes till all the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat step 5 to cook 6 more fajitas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per fajita
|Vitamin A||389.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.