Mexican Carrot Salad
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8264 times
Mexican carrot salad presents a delectable salad recipe with chopped carrots and ice berg lettuce. A crispy crunchy salad recipe which is sure to fill you up with nutrients and leave a smile on your face.
- In a bowl, mix together the grated carrots, chopped capsicum, and sliced onion.
- Boil the potato, and allow it to cool, before peeling it and chopping it into small cubes.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the potatoes and leave for a few minutes.
- Then mix it in with the other ingredients in the bowl.
- Now, take the bread slices and cut them into small cubes.
- Deep-fry the bread cubes until golden brown.
- Till the bread cubes cool down, make the dressing, by mixing together the vinegar and sugar and heating it under a gentle flame till the sugar dissolves
- Remove from the flame, and add this mixture to the oil and salt, and whisk together until an smooth solution forms.
- Add the dressing to the salad, and mix.
- Add the croutons (fried bread cubes) just before serving.
This recipe was contributed by vanitaf on 21 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.