Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16267 times
Mexican burrito is basically soft tortillas made from flour and then stuffed with an authentic Mexican style filling made of beans, salsa sauce, cheese and tomatoes.
- First sieve the maida and the maize flour and then add salt and a little oil to it. make a soft dough. keep it aside.
- Soak the dry red chillies in a little water for 15 minutes and then mash them.
- Take a little hot oil in a pan and saute the garlic and onions until they turn transparent.
- Chop the blanched tomatoes and add to the onions along with the red chillies and water.
- When the tomatoes become pulpy, mash them and add ajwain, spring onions and salt.
- Leave it to simmer for 7-8 minutes and then keep it aside.
- Your hot sauce is ready.
- Next, boil the rajmah along with the red chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic and onions until pink.
- Add the boiled rajmah along with the hot sauce, butter and salt. let it simmer for awhile and then switch off gas and mash it.
- For the sour cream, beat the hung yoghurt and add tabasco sauce, salt and cream. mix it well. it should be smooth.
- Now take the dough and make about 4 small balls.
- Roll them out like thin pancakes and cook on a flat pan or tava.
- Cover and keep aside in a casserole.
- When you are ready to serve, heat the rajmah and spread it on the soft pancake.
- Then pour a little hot sauce and sour cream on top and roll gently.
- Heat this roll in a little hot oil and serve with some more hot sauce.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.