Mexican Bean Fajita ( Mexican Cookbook)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 282 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28805 times
A fajita is a tortilla stuffed with a bean filling with a variety of salsas and then grilled with cheese.
- Wash the beans and soak in water overnight. Next day, drain.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, green chillies, half the onions and put to cook in a pressure cooker. Drain. Keep aside the drained water.
- Heat the oil and fry the remaining onions for ½ minute.
- Add the beans, chilli powder, cumin seed powder, sugar, butter and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mash the beans coarsely.
- If the mixture is dry, add the drained water.
- Serve hot.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for about 10 minutes. Remove the skin and chop.
- Pierce the capsicum with a fork and hold over the flame until the skin blackens. Remove from the heat, rub off the burnt skin and chop.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for ½ minute. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, green chillies and ½ teacup of water and cook.
- When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
- Add the vinegar and salt.
- Spread a little tomato salsa and green salsa on each tortilla.
- Place some bean filling, fold from both the sides and top with some tomato salsa and cheese.
- Grill for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.