Mexican Bean Faheeta ( Healthy Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9822 times
Throwing a party? try out this mexican delicacy… tortilla stuffed with protein rich bean filling and iron rich green salsa!
- Combine the kidney beans with a little salt and 1½ cups of water and pressure cook till the beans are slightly overcooked.
- Drain the beans and grind to a coarse paste in a blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and onion and sauté till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ground beans, capsicum, chilli powder; cumin powder and salt mix well. Cook for 5 minutes. Add water if required to adjust the consistency. Keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces. Add the onions, green chillies and ¼ cup water and cook.
- When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
- Add the vinegar and salt. Keep aside.
- Spread a little green salsa on each tortilla.
- Place some bean filling, fold from both the sides and top with cheese.
- Grill for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.