by vrunda naik
This recipe has been viewed 2479 times
An authentic gujarati achaar!
- Wash clean peel raw Mango, cut into square pieces add salt and marinate overnight, this is done to quicken up the cooking process as well as this will soften mango and let it loose the water for pickling process.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, cloves and let it splutter, then add fenugreek seeds, cinnamon, cumin seeds and fennel seeds along with dried red chilies, and hing.
- Now add mangoes along with the marinated juice, and cook until it gets tender.
- Add q cup jaggery and bring it to boil, then simmer it for another 5-10 mins until the gravy thickens a bit.
- Add 1 tsp of chilli powder and set aside to cool.
- Pour it in sterilized bottle to enjoy for couple of days, refrigerate for later use.
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 16 Apr 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.