by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69521 times
This dal serves a dual purpose it's extremely good for people with heart ailments along with diabetes as methi helps to control blood sugar levels. I have added ginger and garlic to this dal which gives the perfect spice effect and helps to avoid the need of oil-laden pickles. Serve hot with Stuffed Soya Parathas.
- Wash and soak the dal in water for an hour. Drain and discard the water. Add 2 cups water and cook in a pressure cooker for 10 to 15 minutes till the dal is cooked.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sauté over high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and turmeric powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal and salt and allow the dal to come a boil. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.