Methiche Varan ( Methi Dal)
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9057 times
A delicious dal flavoured with methi!
- Pressure cook the dal till soft.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and mash the dal well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and turmeric powder, garlic and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the methi leaves and saute till they become soft.
- Add the cooked dal and sufficient amount of water, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the jaggery, chilli powder and salt, mix well and bring the dal to boil.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
This recipe was contributed by snene on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.