Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15281 times
Methi peps up even the simplest of dishes! This is no exception. Add salt to the methi and squeeze it well to remove the inherent bitterness of the methi leaves. You can even salt and squeeze the methi and store it in the freezer for days or even months; just defrost and use whenever you want. Just keep in mind that you should not stir this subzi too much... otherwise the tofu will crumble and the subzi will look messy.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves and chop them finely. Sprinkle some salt over them and keep aside for about half an hour. Then squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Heat the soya oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger, garlic and dry red chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tofu and mix gently.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of water and cook covered for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.