Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4901 times
Methi samosa is a simple and innovative way of adding greens in the form of fenugreek or methi leaves to the diet. The maida and methi leaves are kneaded together to prepare the samosa patties. The methi samosas are filled with a delectable blend of dry masala powders and then deep fried. The methi samosa taste best with garlic chutney and a cup of hot tea.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough, using warm water.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the peas and saute for sometime.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric and saute again for 2 seconds.
- Add all the dry masala powder and the the potatoes and saute till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add coriander leaves for the flavour and mix well.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a very thin 200 mm. (8") diameter circle.
- Cut each circle into 2 hlaves and make a cone of each half.
- Stuff each cone with a portion of the prepared filling.
- Seal the edges carefully with the help of the water and repeat with the remaining chapttis and the filling to make more samosas.
- Heat the oil in kadhai and deep-fry each samosa till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides and are crisp.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by mushu on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.