Methi Rice By Foodie #15545
by Foodie #15545
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3191 times
We can use kasuri methi which is readily available in packets instead of methi leaves
Add your private note
Methi Rice By Foodie #15545 recipe - How to make Methi Rice By Foodie #15545
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Cook the rice in a pressure cooker and keep aside.
- Chop the methi leaves finely and the potatoes also finely.
- Slit the green chillies.
- Grind the cloves, corriander seeds,redchillies and turdhal and make a powder of it.
- Pour oil in the kadai.
- After the oil is heated, add the cumin seeds and let it crackle
- Add the green chillies and add methi leaves and potatoes and add salt to it
- Cover it with lid and let it cook.
- After it is cooked, then add the ground powder and cook it 2-3 minutes in low flame.
- Mix this with the cooked rice and add the lime juice to the rice.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #15545 on 04 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.