by Foodie #551141
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2381 times
Methi Puris, fresh green fenugreek cooked and mixed with the flour will reduce the bitterness and when fried its just perfect.. Enjoy this puris at evening time snacks.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and mix well and close the pan with a lid. Allow the methi to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, sugar and chilli powder and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Add the plain flour and semolina and mix well. Add little water if required and knead into a dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into a small puris.
- Heat the oil in kadhai and deep fry the puris, few at a time till golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot phudina or coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #551141 on 26 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.