Methi Paruppu Usilli
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3369 times
A south indian vegetable curry recipe, the methi paruppu usilli has chopped methi leaves stir fried in oil and then cooked with the crumbled steamed lentil cakes. An awesome vegetable and lentil combination with authentic south indian cuisine flavours.
- Clean, wash and soak the dals in enough water for 1 1/2 hrs. Keep aside.
- Combine the salt, red chillies, asafoetida, turmeric powder , dals and a little water and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer in a greased flat dish and steam in a steamer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the vessel and lightly scramble the mix. Keep aside.
- For tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, methi leaves, salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan, add 3 tbsp oil and add the dal mix and saute for 15 minutes, till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the fried methi leaves, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with rice and morkhozambu.
This recipe was contributed by ul69 on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.