Methi Papad Sabji with Khakhra
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17685 times
You can use sprouted methi dana for best nutritive value. A traditional combination of methi papad sabji with khakhras is a typical gujarati cuisine recipe.
- Wash and soak the fenugreek seeds in enough water for 1-2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek seeds and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, ginger-green chilli paste, curds and turmeric and mix well and cook till the water gets dried up.
- Add the red chili powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, ½ cup water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the papad pieces and salt, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and keep aside.
- Combine the sprouted wheat and sprouted moong and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer in a bowl, add the oil, besan, curd, salt, mix well and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion to make thin rotis of 5" diameter.
- Heat a non-stick tava and roast the khakhras till they turn crisp and golden brown from both the sides.
- Apply ghee and serve with methi papad sabji.
This recipe was contributed by aaradhana on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.