Methi Paneer, Mughlai Methi Paneer Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44006 times
Every household has its own recipe of methi aloo, however here's a great mughlai recipe that uses paneer along with fenugreek leaves.
Methi Paneer can be given more flavour by adding some kasuri methi. Milk and sugar are used to balance the bitterness of the methi. All in all a completely lip smacking preparation which goes well with Rotis .
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the fenugreek seeds. Remove and discard the seeds once they turn black.
- To the same ghee, add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled onion paste and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and fenugreek leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the curds, milk, sugar and ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Add the paneer and mix gently so that the paneer pieces do not break.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||508.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||34.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.