Methi Palak Dal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 9989 times
A delicious dal palak recipe with a blend of tuar dal along with chopped palak or spinach leaves. The fiber rich, iron dense and calcium rich dal palak are cooked with palak leaves and tempered with mustard and cumin seeds. The tasty dal palak is flavored with tomatoes, chili powder and jeera powder. Simply delicious!
- Wash and soak the moong in enough water for a couple of hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic, mix well and saute till they turn soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients along with dal and little water and mix well.
- Cover tightly and cook on a sloe flame till the dal is becomes soft and quite dry.
- Remove from flame, add 5 tbsp of ghee over top before serving.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.