Methi Pakoda Kadhi ( Mcrowave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24303 times
Kadhi fits into any menu, being a traditional favourite. While regular sour curds Kadhis qualifies as simple, this Methi Pakoda Kadhi gets the status of a specialty thanks to a simple enhancement of adding methi and besan dumplings to it. Adding chopped onions and chilli powder to the pakodas gives them a nice texture and flavour respectively, while fruit salt helps them cook completely, without being bulky inside. The best part is that when made using the Microwave , both the kadhi and the pakode take very little time to cook, so you can make them fresh just before serving!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using little water (approx. 4 tsp).
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and shape each portion in between your palms into a round ball.
- Place them on a greased a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 40 seconds. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the curds-besan mixture to the prepared to the tempering, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes, while stirring once after 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared methi pakodas to the kadhi, mix gently and microwave on high for 3 minutes, while stirring twice in between after every 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||253.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||40.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.