Methi Moong Dal Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 365 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88446 times
You can eat healthily and yet enjoy some of the favourites. Here's a classic example of cooking a subzi like methi with just a teaspoon of oil for 2 people.
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, fenugreek leaves and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the soaked moong dal and ½ cup of hot water.
- Sprinkle the besan, mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, till the moong dal is cooked.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.