Methi Mathri By sandhyan
This recipe has been viewed 16320 times
Relish methi mathri or Indian savory crackers(fried flaky biscuits) with pickle or chutneys. The mathris are prepared by deep frying a wheat flour based dough which has dried fenugreek leaves or methi added to it along with spices lie ajwain and saunf. Discover how to prepare mathris with our easy and quick Punjabi mathri recipe.
- Take the flour in a bowl, add salt, ajwain, kasoori methi and mix well.
- Add ghee and mix in well. add cold water and knead into a hard dough.
- Make marble sized even balls and flatten them slightly. roll them into small puris
- And fold in half and then fold again to make a triangle. stick a clove at one
- Corner. now it will look like a paan.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. when it is hot enough reduce the heat. add the mathris and
- Fry them on medium heat till golden and crisp.
- You can also make them in round shape. lightly prick them with a fork so that the
- Mathris do not rise like puris.
- Drain and let them cool. store in airtight tins.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyan on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.