Methi Matar Malai By Sumagandlur
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6710 times
Experience the magical combination of methi or fenugreek leaves with fresh cream amd green peas in this methi matar malai recipe. A rich and subtly spiced indian vegetable dish, the methi malai matar is sure to win your family's and guest's hearts with its creamy taste and the rich flavours.
- Heat enough water in a deep pan, add the salt and soak the methi leaves for 5 minutes.
- Drain and wash again under running water.
- Squeeze out the excess water and keep aside.
- Whisk the malai till smooth and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and ground paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the powder and saute for more 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green peas, methi leaves and malai along with the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes or till gravy thickens.
- Serve piping hot with parathas, rotis, etc.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 05 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.