Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8202 times
Methi mangori presents a delicious way of adding wholesome nutrition in the form of moong dal mangodi , methi leaves and beaten curd. A spicy recipe, the mangodis are cooked with methi or fenugreek leaves in a tangy curd based gravy.
- Sieve the besan and ad the curds and whisk well.
- Steam the mangori by either putting them in microwave for 3-4 minutes or by steaming them in idli steamer. Keep aside.
- Cook besan mixture on high flame, adding 2 cups water tillthe mixture becomes thick.
- Add the salt, steamed mangodis and methi, mix well and cook on a slow flame for about 20-25 minutes, stirring in between.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in small pan and add the asafoetida and red chilli powder and pour this on methi mangori.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by paruljainshukla on 05 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.