Methi Mangodi ( Rajasthani)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30168 times
Traditional fare that will take your mind on a journey to the havelis of Rajasthan! Since mangodis are readily available in the market, this lip-smacking Methi Mangodi can be made very quickly and easily any time you wish to. The addition of moong dal mangodi balances the bitterness of fenugreek very well, making this a very appealing subzi to all. Adding a combination of curds and milk helps achieve the perfect consistency and flavour to this subzi.
- Combine the fenugreek leaves, salt and ½ tsp of turmeric powder in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes. Squeeze out all the water and wash the fenugreek leaves very well. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk, curds, coriander powder, sugar, remaining ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, salt and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mangodi and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk-curds mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||802.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.