Methi Malai Mutter
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 306 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47962 times
The slightly sweet, nutty taste of green peas combines famously with the mild bitterness of fenugreek in this traditional North Indian Subzi which goes fabulously well with Naan and Parathas .
What makes the Methi Malai Mutter special is the onion paste and dry masala powder. The tomato pulp and fresh cream together beautifully balance the flavour of the other ingredients to make this delight.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves, sprinkle ½ tsp of salt and keep aside for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the water and discard it.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the fenugreek leaves and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the same kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the prepared onion-cashewnut paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and dry masala powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, sautéed fenugreek, milk, sugar, salt, fresh cream and approx. 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.