Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6436 times
Methi kishmish is an amazing vegetable recipe with the unique combination of methi leaves cooked with spice powders and then sweetened with addition of raisins or kishmish.
- Wash and soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the milk is fully absorbed.
- Remove and wash the boiled fenugreek in running cold water.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Dissolve coriander powder, chilli powder
- And turmeric powder in 1 cup water.
- Stir fry until the moisture evaporates.
- Add boiled fenugreek seeds, stir for five minutes.
- Add raisins and amchur powder and stir for three minutes.
- Remove and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with almonds and serve as an accompaniment.
This recipe was contributed by kumardena on 10 Aug 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.