Methi Ki Chutney
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 46541 times
When we don't feel like cooking a subji or a curry for our chapati or rotis, this is a wonderful accompaniment. Comes really handy. It is very tasty and very easy to make (no labour at all). Just a bit of pre-preparation and our methi chutney is ready. The best part about this chutney is we can keep it refrigerated and use it for 2 to 3 days as an when we like.
- In a pressure cooker heat the oil.
- Add the dried red chilli, cumin seeds and fennel seeds and heat till they crackle.
- Add the hing, methi seeds and mix well.
- Add the amchoor powder, chilli powder, dhania powder, jeera powder and mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and water and stir nicely.
- Add the salt and cover the lid of the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Methi chutney is ready and can be served right away or can be kept in the fridge for serving later.
- Serve hot or cold with rotis, phulkas or parathas.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 01 Aug 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.